Advanced Admin Console vNext for Windows Server Codename ‘Vail’ and ‘Aurora’ seeks beta testers
You may have read about the Technical Preview over at homeserverland.com, wegotserved.co.uk, mediasmartserver.net or maybe the German blogs and news sources Bjoerns Windows Blog or home-server-blog.de.
Today, I’m proud to announce that the new version of my popular Advanced Admin Console AddIn (AAC) for the upcoming Windows Server offerings for home users and small businesses has reached an important milestone.
I made a first technical preview version of AAC available to tech-bloggers and the (p)reviews they’ve written so far tell me that I’m on the right track.
The next step is now to give AAC to about 30 beta testers to try it out and give feedback. If you’d like to take part in the beta test please write a short comment on this post, describing on which configuration you would be able to test AAC. Please include the following information:
- Windows Server Version you would install AAC on (‘Vail’, ‘Aurora’ or both)
- Client operating system version(s)
- Client operating system language version you normally work on
- Whether you’ll be using real machines or virtual machines for testing
- Whether you have experience with AAC on Windows Home Server (v1)
- Your general level of experience with Windows Home Server v1 and/or ‘Vail’/’Aurora’
Make sure to enter a valid email address so that I can send you your beta invitation. Beta tester invitations will not go out before September 22, 2010 – please be patient.
In the meantime please refer to these resources to find out more about the new version of the Advanced Admin Console and Windows Server codename ‘Vail’ and ‘Aurora’ in general:
- Sneak Peek at Advanced Admin Console vNext Technical Preview
- Add-in: Advanced Admin Console vNext (Technical Preview)
- Technical Preview: Advanced Admin Console vNext Add-In for Vail & Aurora