So I’ll be heavily testing it for compatibility with my addins for the next couple of weeks.
Go get it from Microsoft Connect (you actually did register for the beta, right?)
In this release the following changes have been made:
- New wizard for adding URL shortcuts
This new wizard makes it easy to add URL shortcuts to the Advanced Admin Console toolbar. This way you can access the web configuration interface of other devices in your home network from within the WHS console.
- Shortcuts to folders and URL shortcuts are no longer opened in external windows. Hold the Shift key while clicking on a folder or URL shortcut to open it in an external window.
- The tooltip of an URL shortcut displays the URL of the shortcut.
- Update availability notification
An update notification bar is displayed in the Advanced Admin Console when an updated version is available. You can turn this feature off in the settings dialog.
- Setting for displaying the shutdown button removed from the settings dialog
This setting was a leftover from an earlier build where the shutdown button was displayed in the toolbar. Since the shutdown button is now located in the status bar the setting became unnecesary.
Here’s a screenshot of the new settings dialog:
And this is what the URL shortcut wizard looks like:
When a new version of the Advanced Admin Console AddIn is released the following notification will be displayed:
Download Advanced Admin Console AddIn Version 0.4.3 Beta.
Important: Before installing the new release, please UNINSTALL any previous version!
Have a lot of fun with this release. Feedback is welcome via Email, at the WeGotServed-Forums (english) or Home-Server-Forum (german).